ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
By registering for an account with Waave Technologies Pty Ltd ABN 60 642 784 030 (we,us or Waave), you confirm that:
Security You are responsible for maintaining adequate security and control of any and all IDs, credentials, personal identification numbers or any other codes that you use to access your Personal account, Personal Account Services, Business Account or Business Account Services.
Data Protection Laws You will not disclose or distribute any personal data about Waave customers to a third party or use such personal data for marketing purposes unless you receive that customer's express consent to do so.
You will not send unsolicited emails to a Waave customer or use the Waave services to collect payments to send, or assist in sending, unsolicited emails to third parties.
You agree to comply with the requirements of any applicable privacy and data protection laws, including any applicable regulations, directives and codes of practice.
Intellectual Property You will not copy, imitate, modify or use our intellectual property without Waave's prior written consent.
You will not rent, lease or otherwise transfer your rights in the software to a third party.
You must not to modify, alter, tamper with, repair, copy, reproduce, adapt, distribute, display, publish, reverse engineer, translate, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to create any source code that is derived from the software or any third party materials or technology, or otherwise create any derivative works from any of the software or third party materials or technology.
Taxes and reporting It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the payments you make or receive, and it is solely your responsibility to assess, collect, report and remit the correct taxes to the appropriate authority.
Restricted Activities You will not use our services for any activities that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation and/or in connection with the following businesses, business activities or business practices (including but not limited to):
- Domestic/foreign unregistered charities
- Shell banks
- Unlicensed Financial Advisors
- Unnecessarily complex ownership structures (e.g. nominee or Bearer share corporations)
- Products and/or services invoking or supporting racism, violence, abuse discrimination, hatred, terrorism, paedophilia or other immoral activity.
- Counterfeit/imitation items
You must not:
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (for example, those governing financial
- services, consumer protections, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
- Infringe Waave's or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other
- intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy.
- Sell counterfeit goods.
- Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing.
- Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information.
- Send or receive what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds.
- Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to us.
- Control an account that is linked to another account that has engaged in any of these Restricted Activities.
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our websites without our prior written permission.
- Use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers.
- Interfere or disrupt or attempt to interfere with or disrupt our websites, software, systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the Waave services) operated by us or on our behalf, any of the Waave services or other users' use of any of the Waave services.
- Take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our Internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers or service providers.
- Circumvent any Waave policy or determinations about your Waave account such as temporary or indefinite suspensions or other account holds, limitations or restrictions, including, but not limited to, engaging in the following actions: attempting to create new or additional Waave account(s) has been restricted, suspended or otherwise limited; opening new or additional Waave accounts using information that is not your own (e.g. name, address, email address, etc.); or using someone else's Waave account.
- Harass and/or threaten our employees, agents, or other users.
Conduct your business or use the Waave services in a manner that results in or may result in:
- Requests by Buyers (either filed with us or linked bank accounts) to invalidate payments made to you.
- Fees, fines, penalties or other liability or losses to Waave, other Waave customers, third parties or you
- An unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our websites, software, systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the Waave services) operated by us or on our behalf or the Waave services.
- Facilitating any viruses, trojan horses, malware, worms or other computer programming routines that attempt to or may damage, disrupt, corrupt, misuse, detrimentally interfering with, surreptitiously intercepting or expropriating, or gaining unauthorised access to any system, data, information or Waave services.
Last update: 10 May 2022